The Northwestern Christian Writers Conference seeks to make the Conference accessible to as many people as possible. It is our hope that this scholarship might be the opportunity for you to attend. Scholarship winners receive standard registration to the Conference and are guaranteed a one-on-one appointment with a University of Northwestern faculty member. If you paid for registration to the Conference and are selected as a winner, you will be reimbursed the standard registration rate.
Emerging Writer Scholarship Criteria
In one submission, provide the following:
- Part 1: Tell us why you want to be a published writer.
- Submission should describe your intent to develop as a writer professionally.
- Maximum 350 words.
- Part 2: A fiction or nonfiction writing sample.
- Freshness, creativity, adherence to literary technique, and well edited.
- Maximum 400 words.
- Age 15-18 in high school (can be current high school students in post-secondary enrollment options).
- Submission must be double-spaced, 12-point font, numbered pages, and PDF or Word files only.
- Submission must be unpublished, original work that has not won any previous accolades.
- One entry per person.
- Deadline: April 16th, 2018.