The Northwestern Christian Writers Conference seeks to honor distinguished writing and talent at the Conference in the presence of one's peers. Awards will be presented to the winners at the end of the Conference. This year, there are 5 awards in which Conference registrants may submit entries.
- Must be registered for the Conference.
- Your submission clearly emphasizes an aspect of the Christian journey (i.e. Moving from fear to faith, worry to gratitude, despair to hope, self preservation to generosity).
- Your submission is underscored by a story or passage from Scripture and-or you’ve eloquently woven Scripture into your piece in a way that’s more subtle, but clear.
- Your voice builds up the reader instead of tearing him or her down. You're not preachy, angry, or adversarial. This is not to be interpreted as a softball approach to a tough topic; don’t be afraid to call us up, challenge our unbelief, or confront our fears, but do so in a passionate way that inspires growth, not defensiveness.
- 750-1,000 words. Double-spaced, 12-point font, numbered pages.
- Submission must be unpublished, original work that has not won any previous accolades.
- One entry per person.
- Submission deadline: May 31st, 2017.