How a Small Platform Writer Can Get A Book Deal | Jennifer Lee Dukes
It was 2012. Jennifer didn’t have a big platform or a large blog following. Her speaking gigs were mostly MOPS groups and small Christmas luncheons. The experts would have told you that, on paper, Jennifer would probably not get a book contract from a major publisher. The experts would have been wrong. A major publisher released Jennifer’s first book in 2014, and then re-signed her for a second book in 2016.
Jennifer isn’t the only one. She will share how she and many other small-platform writers have managed to bring their big ideas into print. In this practical session, you’ll learn how to:
- Put together a book proposal that agents and publishers can’t ignore.
- Create a movement that is built around the community you already have.
- Show publishers that you are willing to do the hard work of marketing.
- Make the most of what you’ve already built in your ministry.
- Hold onto hope when rejection inevitably comes.
Jennifer's workshop was during Breakout Session I.